Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wajeed Khan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Wajeed Khan has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Wajeed Khan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Doctor Khan is good, however his office staff is rude. Not sometimes but always. You call for appointment or change an appointment and are asked to call back because they are just having lunch at 1:30 in the afternoon please call back after 3:00. I have dealt with this rude staff for many years and today I hve had enough. I am surprised he has any patients. They need to be taught how to deal with patients. When you call the doctor office you usually are not feeling well, and to then deal with these rude women is not right.
Let me start by saying Dr. Khan is a very friendly man and has quite a great personality. However, in terms of medicine, I think he is mediocre. Source: I am in the medical field. People know people. I went to see him for a cardiovascular related issue, gave me the wrong treatment and categorized it as asthma-related, and I had to be sent hospitalized to treat my over-active heart rate as a result of the treatment meds I was given. The doctor at the hospital (not Khan) told me that the treatment meds Khan gave me were KNOWN to conflict with my cardio meds that he had prescribed previously...how can you slip like that? Now... that was scary and my case was lucky. A misdiagnosis is an honest mistake but it was scary! And doctors should know when medicines conflict with each other! That is a matter of ethics.... Experience I had: Not good for me.
34 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1984
George Washington University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKhan And Gilotra Mds, 12016 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Wajeed Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.