Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Waleed W Shindy
Dr. Waleed W Shindy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shindy is affiliated with Huntington Hospital, Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital. Dr. Shindy has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Waleed W Shindy has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Waleed W Shindy has the following 13 expertise
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Waleed W Shindy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Waleed W Shindy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
He is great - he will spent time with you explaining the problem and how to fix in the short and long run- and best of all the he is to the point.
Shindy's office made we wait 11 weeks for an appointment even though I was suffering from a very uncomfortable gastric problem. The first paperwork I received from his office had a different patient's name on it. Shindy never made a diagnosis or recommended any treatment. He never called me back with my test results until I asked to have my records sent to another doctor. No one ever answers the phone. Someone in his office inverted some numbers on my health insurance so they billed me for the full amount of both my office visit and the surgical screening. I didn't discover their mistake until the second bill arrived because the statements on their invoice were misleading. The people in the billing office lied to cover their mistake and they were rude until I finally got the office manager to acknowledge their error. At this point in time Shindy still owes me $250 despite the fact that they have received payment from my health insurance. If you don't have a belly ache before you see this doctor you will have one by the time you finish. I do not recommend this doctor.
I have been seeing Dr. Shindy for many years. He is by far the best doctor I have worked with. And with a condition that required me to visit a lot of doctors and hospitals over the past 25 years, in Europe and the US, Ive seen it all. I trust Dr. Shindy, he doesn't hesitate to bring in other specialists if needed, he follows up and genuinely cares about his patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Shindy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Waleed W Shindy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGastreonterology Associates, 630 S Raymond Ave Unit 240, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Waleed W Shindy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.