Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wali Azizi MD
Dr. Wali Azizi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Falls Church, VA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Wali Azizi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Wali Azizi has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Wali Azizi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wali Azizi - Posted on October 5th, 2013
The worst doctor I've encountered.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wali Azizi - Posted on June 8th, 2010
Was admitted to inova fairfax after 2 episodes of blackouts due to a severe disc herniation impacting the sciatic nerve. I was transferred from the ER to the ward and received a nerve block shot the next day. I was still unable to stand nor walk but the doctor called my room and tells me 1) first off i should have been an outpatient 2) States that my insurance will deny my claims 3) when I give him details of what the orthopedic surgeon and PT reported on my case (to stay back at the ward) he says its not possible and a nursing home is best suited for me.And guess what, he's the doctor on call and when I ask him why not have a face to face discussion, he says its a Friday night. what do you expect ? :)It's a shame to have such so called Doctors who don't even read up case profiles before they interact. Inova is a world class hospital they better retain their class!
Dr. Wali Azizi Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsINOVA FAIRFAX HOSPITAL, 3300 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wali Azizi, MD - Internal Medicine in Falls Church, VA, in this video.
Dr. Wali Azizi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.