Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wallace Radtke
Dr. Wallace Radtke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bemidji, MN, with other offices in Fargo, ND and Fargo, ND . He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Radtke is affiliated with North Country Regional Hospital, Meritcare Hospital and St Marys Innovis Health. He speaks English.
Dr. Wallace Radtke has the following 3 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Wallace Radtke has the following 6 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Wallace Radtke is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Radtke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Country Regional Hospital
St Marys Innovis Health
Meritcare Health System
Union Hospital - CAH
Worthington Regional Hospital
Canton-Inwood Memorial Hospital - CAH
Pioneer Memorial Hospital - CAH
Essentia Health St Marys Hospital Detroit Lakes
Mahnomen Health Center
Sioux Valley Canby Campus
Community Memorial Hospital Burke - CAH
Sanford Medical Center Fargo
Mid-Dakota Hospital - CAH
43 Years Experience
University of Nebraska
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wallace Radtke in this video.
Dr. Wallace Radtke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bemidji, MN.