Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter H Eversmeyer III has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Walter H Eversmeyer III has the following 8 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Walter H Eversmeyer III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I have treated with Dr. Eversmeyer for Osteoarthritis & Psoriatic Arthritis for approximately 11 years. I was referred to him by my original treating Rheumatologist who left this area after hurricane Katrina. Dr. Eversmeyer is professional, thorough & kind & genuinely concerned for his patients. His staff is also professional, kind & courteous as well as informative. I like the fact that he is aggressive in his treatment & doesn't dance around making decisions regarding treatment or making a referral if needed. I am satisfied with having him as my physician.
From everything I have researched on the internet, I have found that your first Rheumatologist appt. should last no less than 1 hour because he first listen to how you feel and where you are hurting. He will then look at and feel every joint and move them around to see your range of motion. My appt. lasted less than 20 minutes he looked at my hands and feet and said it's osteoarthritis, when I questioned him he said that because I didnt have an RA factor and he can look at my hands. He prescribed an anti inflammatory and told me to follow up with my GP. This is a complete joke and I will just wait and see how I feel over the next few months, visit my GP and get referred to a rhematologist that has more time to investigate my complaints/pain. Sorry I waited 2 1/2 months for nothing (how long it took to get appt.) he certainly isnt worth it!!
Dr. Eversmeyer is an excellent physician and a wonderful person. His staff is A1 also!! He has strong Christian values which is quite evident in his treatment of his patients. He treats you as a PERSON who is ill and not just a case before him. He has been my rheumatologist for over 25 years. It is unthinkable for me to consider seeing anyone else
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Walter H Eversmeyer III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEversmeyer Perdue Arthritis And Rheumatology, 4315 Houma Blvd Ste 303, Metairie, LA
Dr. Walter H Eversmeyer III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.