Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo
Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Ezeigbo is affiliated with North Carolina Specialty Hospital and Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center. Dr. Ezeigbo has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 7
While Dr,. E is an outstanding physician with great bedside manner his staff is incompetent, uncaring, and rude. It is unfortunate that they are the first line to him and the reason for seeking medical attention elsewhere. The staff's behavior is consistent with other patients as I have heard conversations outside of the office regarding their experience with their doctor's office only to find out we had the same doctor.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Ezeigbo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvance Family And Sports Medicine Center, 1000 Southpark Blvd, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo in this video.
Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.