Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter Farkas has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Walter Farkas has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Walter Farkas has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Walter Farkas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 9
He is rude & condescending . He was always late & I waited 90 minutes to 2 hours for a 15 minute appt. Old school.... he became annoyed when asked about meds he wanted to prescribe . He traveled all over lecturing for Wellbutrin. The Dr insisted on prescribing Wellbutrin on two separate meetings even after I told him it didn't work for me. I could go on and on !!!
My medications were making me oversleep and he gave me Seroquel, which made me sleep even more. It turns out a major side effect of Seroquel is fatigue, so why did he give it to me? Well, I wandered into a certain part of his office to find a compartment full of Seroquel.I found out that a medication he prescribed for me on the premise that it's supposed to treat lack of motivation turns out to be meant to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, neither of which I had.To top it off, he's a Pollyanna.
Dr. Farkas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Medical Center
49 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna
Graduated in 1964
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2000 N Village Ave, Rockville Centre, NY
Dr. Walter Farkas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville Centre, NY.