Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Walter J Klimkowski
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shelby Township, MI, with another office in Macomb, MI. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Klimkowski is affiliated with St John River District Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb. Dr. Klimkowski has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Klimkowski is an excellent doctor who knows his stuff and is very caring. I give him the 5 star review because he personally deserves it but I do agree with the comment about how the hospitals now control the doctors. There has been a big difference in how appointments are handled since he has joined the "group". But, he is still the best....
I love Dr. K he is a great doctor but since joining with the Hospital he has become a doctor who only cares about his paycheck. There is a lot of gray area as a patient that if you reschedule to many times or do not follow the strict insane hospital policy you will be FIRED yes FIRED as his patient. Or if you cause his score or grade to go down which he will lose money from you will be fired! Something as little and crazy as not getting weighed or going to have a test done that is currently being pushed by the hospital. I am truly disappointed in how an amazing and caring doctor can go from being one of the best and provide the best care for his patients to being all about a paycheck.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Klimkowski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Wayne State University
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Walter J Klimkowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shelby Township, MI.