Dr. Walter Pipkin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Walter Pipkin?

Posted on June 30th, 2016

Love how great he was with our daughter! :)

Patient's grandmother

Posted on September 11th, 2013

Our initial consultation was with Dr. Howell, but with our baby's CDH, Dr Howell felt that a referral to Dr Pipkin would be in our best interest, as he could perform the surgery laparoscopically . We were a little anxious that we didn't get to meet Dr. Pipkin until after my grandson was born, but once we did, we immediately knew that he was the surgeon we needed as well as wanted. With this being a rare birth defect, Dr Pipkin took great care in explaining the treatment to us and calmed any fears we had about what to expect. In fact, the entire surgical team (doctors, nurses, staff) were all exceptional. The procedure went better than anyone could have hoped for and I am 100% certain that God's hands on Dr. Pipkin's is the reason why. (Together, they made a great team!) My grandson spent 28 days in the NICU (instead of the anticipated 60-90), and I will be forever grateful of the care we received. The entire staff at MCG (Children's Hospital, Regents) were at the top of their game! There was never a moment when we felt as if things were not going well or that we were not in the right place. We also feel as if we had immediate access to the doctors and never went more than a few minutes without having any questions answered. Being referred 2 hours away to MCG... living at the Ronald McDonald house for the 4 weeks prior to birth, and 4 weeks after...was a super tough situation to be in, but with Dr Pipkin, his group, and the entire NICU team, I can honestly say that we felt as if we were treated like family, and sometimes even royalty. What should have been an exhausting, trying time, was actually a blessing because we always knew we were at the right place, with the right doctors. I will always be thankful and will continue to tell everyone about the amazing care we received. I cannot imagine taking my child anywhere else!

Kind and Personable

Posted on November 30th, 2012

We enjoy having Dr Pipkin as our son's Pediatric Surgeon. His bedside manner is excellent and his office staff is friendly. Our questions get answered quickly.

Posted on May 30th, 2012

skill is not very good.

Posted on July 12th, 2010

Brought our son into see Dr Pipkin for a circumcision revision. Very impressed with the office staff, the hospital facilities and the doc's bedside manner.

Excellent Surgeon; good doctor/manner, kind/patients

Posted on June 15th, 2009

brilliant surgeon, nice manner, excellent with children, and highly skilled in pediatric thorasic surgery.He is at the Medical College of Ga.Was very impressed with his surgery on my daughter - I feel he is the best all around/overall dr. I have ever experienced in the care of my daughter.

Posted on November 8th, 2017