Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter T Rathkamp has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Rathkamp is a good doctor, knowledgeable, cordial. His newer staff with McClaren is far better than his former staff. Some were slightly unprofessional and seemed unconcerned, esp. the younger Deb. I always hoped she'd never answered the phone or have to service me during a call or visit. The retired Debbie was the best staff member and very very warm. She saved the day. Every staff member should've learned from her. He is very popular so it's difficult to get in for appts. Every time you call u are immediately placed on hold like calling the pizza place. They answer, then say, "please hold." It's been years since I wasn't put on hold. The wait can be up to 5-6min on hold. Often get the answering service when office should be open, but told they're out to lunch, or closed early, or opening in 15 min. Often takes weeks and 2 months notice for annual physical. He often sends u to MedEx because he can't fit you in. He hasn't had a PA in months which makes seeing him even more difficult til u have to wait for weeks even if pain or seems severe. The staff apologizes then says, Doctor says go to walk in clinic. Its been very difficult to see him over the past year and I dont want to leave because of my history with him and his expertise, but hard to have a primary physician who u cant get in to see them when u need them, at least within a few days. Walk in clinics are more expensive. Wed and Fridays are half days at that. Staff still needs customer service training badly. I don't think he has a clue or realistic assessment of his staff because he is so busy. He's great, but staff and overall professionalism at the office needs a makeover.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Rathkamp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Saginaw Cooperative Hospital
Dr. Walter T Rathkamp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFreeland Family Medicine Pc, 7340 Midland Rd, Freeland, MI
Dr. Walter T Rathkamp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Freeland, MI.