Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Walter S Johnston
Dr. Walter S Johnston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richardson, TX, with another office in Garland, TX. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Johnston is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland. Dr. Johnston has received 2 awards. He speaks English and Spanish.
Dr. Walter S Johnston has the following 1 specialty
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Medullary Carcinoma)
- Gallbladder Surgery
Showing 5 of 9
For not having an email address to his office staff. Great surgeon! Should have communicated to the family that he was going home for dinner before he did the surgery so we could have done the same. Communication is key and they fall a little short. They rate high in friendliness but the only way to communicate with them is by phone . The wait for the Dr to have dinner is not the oroblem, it is the Not telling us that is. No one would deny anyone the right to eat when hungry it is too bad there was no consideration from the Dr to the family so we could eat too. It was the dinner hour after all. It was not a hurried meal either but more like dinner and baths and bedtime story for young children which is ok too just wish we would have known instead of waiting the three hours for the surgery to begin when the surgeon was not even in the hospital.
Dr. Johnston was my surgeon when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and when I had to have my gall bladder removed. He is one of the nicest people you'll ever hope to meet, truly cares about his patients, answers any questions you might have, and listens when you explain your health issues. I highly recommend Dr. Johnston and am glad he was part of my cancer recovery team.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Johnston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Walter S Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter S Johnston in this video.
Dr. Walter S Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richardson, TX.