Dr. Walter E Stevens Jr Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Walter E Stevens Jr?

Dr. Stevens is wonderful. He goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable on your first visit and all follow up visits. He answers all my questions with very informative response. So glad my insurance company sent me to him.

Pleased

I find the office staff helpful. Dr. Stevens performed an Tonsilectomy several years ago on my son, who has special needs, and did an excellent job. Recently returned to the office, and my child and myself were treated with the best care. The appropriate tests were ordered, I left with an understanding of the diagnosis, course of treatment, and expected outcome. I felt confident in being educated on what to expect next. Being an RN, I know when a Dr is giving a patient the proper attention. I am very pleased with Dr. Stevens, his staff, and the care my son receives in this office.

Dr. Stevens is an excellent surgeon!

I read some of these comments prior to my son's surgery so needless to say I was extremely nervous proceeding with surgery. However, Dr. Stevens took a lot of time with my husband and I and answered all of our questions. Our pre-op visit he spent 70 minutes with us. He has a matter of fact way of responding, however my husband and I appreciated this -rather than him giving us "sugar-coated" answers. He always made himself available to us - even when we had to phone him at 12:45 a.m. in the morning-before he hung up, he thanked us for calling him and even phoned us the next afternoon to see how my son was doing. My son had zero bleeding! Also, when the recovery nurse noticed Dr. Stevens was our doctor listed on my son's chart -she said he is one of the best doctors at the hospital -and that was unsolicited. Yes, I would recommend Dr. Stevens to my friends and would bring my daughter to him if she ever needed surgery.

I LOVE THE STAFF BUT HATE THE DR..

I LOVE THE STAFF THEY ARE VERY PROFESIONAL AND VERY NICE.. I LOVE THEM..BUT THE DR IS NOT THE BEST TAKES FOR EVER AND TALKS ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VISIT.. AND I WAITED VERY LONG TO SEE THE DR..

I like this dr because he accurately diagnosed my daughter, what i dont like is getting dropped as a patient and being talked to as if i was his child when i was the parent in there with my child, i didnt like being told how to raise my kids when he was there to make sure my kids ears were ok not whether or not he/she was disciplined to his standards, his staff is not the best but i had very little interaction except for the one who got my child dropped as a patient. I hope I can get back into his office only because he knows what hes doing when it comes to my childs ears and i would rather put up with all the crap then have my kid go deaf.

I had a great experience with Dr. Stevens. He took his time, did not talk down to me, engaged me in the process and discussion. He was gracious and took the time to check on another issue we had without rushing.

AWFUL DOCTOR!!!!

i waited over one hour after our initial appointment, never apologized. made me feel very uncomfortable.very arrogant attitude and seems put out. very poor bed side manner doctor who shows very little apathy for the patient. do yourself a favor and look for another doctor.

My experience was excellent- can not ask for anything more

I had a surgery with complications with Anesthesia. Doctor Stevens was very professional handling the issues at hand. Doctors have a tough Job. aside form diagnosis of the actual problem, they have to figure out if the patient is manufacturing the symptoms or they are real. with todays technological advances, a vast majority of information is widely available and it is easy for patient to self diagnose them self without realizing that Doctors go through a regress training before they can practice. what patients refuse to understand that all doctors want nothing but the best for their patients. I don't believe that doctors need to show much sympathy because part of the process , patient need to start feeling better about them self so the healing can speed up.

Doesn't return phone calls regarding tests

Rushes in room with out any eye contact with patient, talks randomly about things not related to subject that pataient is on, very poor unprofessional bed side manners. Most disturbing, not returning phone calls for biopsy promptly when results were in his office for 4 days. No consideration of patients anxiety of pending test results. Still waiting for results , 5 days now.

BEWARE! NEVER USE THIS DOCTOR!

Mad dash to surgery on 4 yr. old patient with boarderline issues. Lost critical documents which were not in chart. 3.5 hour wait. Changed subject when asked pointed questions. Never explained other options. Office staff equally performed poorly. Other patients in the lobby expressed outloud their frustrations with his practice.

Very arrogant. Doesn't listen thoroughly to patient before diagnosing. Doesn't return telephone calls regarding test results.