Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter D Vazquez has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Walter D Vazquez has the following 2 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Dr. Walter D Vazquez is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Vasquez operated on our 3 year old daughter who had a hernia. This is the most terrifying thing for a parent to have to go through but Dr. Vasquez and the team of nurses at Kaiser made it reassuring. I highly recommend this surgeon. I also highly recommend taking the pre-op tour that Kaiser offers. I believe it helped tremendously at easing not only our little ones fears but ours as well.
A Doctor in Emergency at Kaiser discovered a large Tumor in our Sons chest and Dr Vazquez performed the Biopsy and the Surgery later to remove it. This was a major surgical procedure which took about 5 hours. My Wife and I could not have wished for our little Boy to be in better hands and although we were going through a very scary time we always felt that our Son was had the very best team available anywhere in the world taking care of him. In the end and much to our relief the Tumor was found to be benign but I cannot reckomend this Surgeon and his team highly enough, they get 11 out of 10 across the board.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center/Kaiser Foundation, 4647 Zion Ave, San Diego, CA
Dr. Walter D Vazquez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.