Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Walter W Wilson
Dr. Walter W Wilson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springville, AL, with another office in Pinson, AL. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Wilson is affiliated with St Vincents Hospital. Dr. Wilson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Walter W Wilson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Walter W Wilson has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Walter W Wilson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 12
There is a reason he has been the town doctor in Pinson for so long. He knows everyone by name and remembers family history. He immediately diagnosed me with fibromyalgia when I had my second flare. From what I understand that is a very rare thing to happen. He has been known to call me or my husband as late as 9 pm to check on us. I couldn't recommend a better doctor. My son sees his wife (the pediatrition) and we are just as happy.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Wilson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Dr. Walter W Wilson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter W Wilson, MD - Family Medicine in Springville, AL, in this video.
Dr. Walter W Wilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springville, AL.