The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI, with another office in Ypsilanti, MI. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Whitehouse is affiliated with Promedica Herrick Hospital, ProMedica Bixby Medical Center and St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr has the following 20 expertise
- Aortic Diseases
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Varicose Veins
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Renovascular Hypertension
- Vascular Malformations
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Diabetes Complications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Aortic Rupture
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
He performed emergency heart surgery on my mother after having "widow maker" heart attack. He found all blockages and saved her life. No complications from surgery - thank you for saving her.
Dr. Whitehouse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1973
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr in this video.
Dr. Walter M Whitehouse Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.