Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wanda D Ryan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Wanda D Ryan has the following 13 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Wanda D Ryan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I found Dr. Ryan to be a very black and white doctor, who does really listen to you and the other medical issues you may have outside of her focus. I had to repeatedly remind her of the same thing visit after vist. a black and white view of everything; does not suit me as life exists in all the shades of gray. I have an apt next month with a different endocrinologist, who i am hoping will be much better.
I had been to several Endocrinologists and was not getting any better. In fact my Glucose levels were in the 400's. Dr. Ryan in one visit re-categorized me as not having Type 2 diabetes, but almost Type 1. She changed all my meds and put me on long lasting and short term Insulin. After 2 months my levels and back under 175. Still not the best but a lot better than it was. I realize this is going to take time but with Dr. Ryan's I know I am getting the treatment I need.
Dr. Ryan's office staff over the years has been snitty and short. Almost if you are bothering them. They protect the doctor as if you want to speak to the great a powerful OZ! When discussing the matters with the doctor, she does not listen to her patients. I believe the rude office comes from its leadership of the doctor. She has a horrible bed side manner and does not care about her patients. Find another doctor for Endocrinology preferably in another hospital.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Pittsburgh, 3601 5th Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Wanda D Ryan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.