Dr. Ward M Brown Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Ward M Brown?

I had Dr. Brown replace the battery in my defibrillator under conscious sedation. Discovered that I had a cracked lead that needed to be replaced. What should have taken a half hour, took 2 1/2 hours. I was conscious the whole time. I found out later that he "doesn't use Versed", a medication that allows a person not to remember the event. He was very rough in handling me, i.e. almost punching me when he would "dab with a 4x4 to soak up the up the blood as needed". Way too rough!!! I was awake the whole time. He will never come close to me again!!!!

Horrible bedside manner

Went to Dr. Brown as I couldn't get in with the Dr. I was scheduled with originally. I have an extensive family history of heart problems- 2 brothers with pace makers, 1 sister now seeing a cardio specialist who is very concerned about the possibility of hereditary heart issues, 1 sister with strokes, parents, numerous uncles and other relatives who have died of heart problems. I ended up being sent to a cardiologist after an unexplained passing out episode. Dr. Brown discounted any link to family history of heart disease, told me it was a fluke thing and when I mentioned being concerned about dropping dead as my bother just about did before they discovered he had a rare electrical heart problem- I was told- well if that happens it won't be your concern any more, it will be your familys. Had zero interest in looking into any hereditary component, told me uncles don't count except with Christmas cards and wouldn't answer our questions with more than a flippant- you don't need to worry, you're fine. We left feeling more confused than when we came in, felt like we had even more questions and were disgusted with his lack of wanting to look into my case further. Would not recommend this Dr. at all. We will be making an appointment with another cardiologist who hopefully will listen to my concerns and take me seriously. Time for a second opinion.