Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Warren R Abel has 2 locations
1530 Dr Martin Luther King Jr St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33704
2639 Dr Martin Luther King Jr S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33704
Book Online Now
Dr. Warren R Abel has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Warren R Abel has the following 3 expertise
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Warren R Abel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Warren R Abel - Posted on April 3rd, 2015
Retired from Power Company
Self-verified patient of Dr. Warren R Abel - Posted on February 20th, 2015
Dr Warren R Abel.There is not a better doctor in every way, care so much for his patients, whatever time we are in ,need he is there, always right in what he says and always find a way to get me better, saved my life now a few times, so I should know, no matter when I need him he is there, and never ever guided me wrong,, been his patient for many years, always find something better about his knowledge, and care, there is NO better he is no 1 in my book and my family aswell, and my God, his diagnosis, and care of it are no better, I sure hope he is here with us for ever, God Bless you doctor W R Able
Self-verified patient of Dr. Warren R Abel - Posted on February 7th, 2013
took too long to diagnose, then it was too late
Self-verified patient of Dr. Warren R Abel - Posted on March 13th, 2012
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Warren R Abel Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Warren R Abel, MD - Critical Care Medicine in Saint Petersburg, FL, in this video.
Dr. Warren R Abel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.