Dr. Warren Fong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Warren Fong?

The most wonder Doctor in the world

Posted on November 19th, 2014

Dr. Fong and I go back 20 years. Through good luck, I found him in the "yellow pages" after I was told that I had to see a hematologist. From day one, through his retirement, Warren was a friend, a confidant and a wonderful doctor. He is the reason that I am alive after 20 years of being diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Every step of the way, he has been my guiding light, whether it has been cancer related, general medical issues or life in general. The day that I found out that he had medical issues, and was not able to continue with his practice, I was devastated; not only for myself but for all his current patients but the potential patients that he will never help. Unfortunately I just found out that I have lung cancer and that it has spread and the first thought that I had is that I am sorry that Warren can't be guiding me through this, making sure the best practices are followed. This man is a wonderful human being and he cared about his patients, not only on a medical level, but on a personal level, so very much. Warren, we all wish you and your wonderful family, the best.

Devastated

Posted on January 31st, 2014

Dr. Fong treated me for recurrent blood clots. He was the only Dr. I saw for these clots that actually took the time to find out why I was getting so many clots. He found out but more than that Dr. Fong was the kindest & most professional Dr. I have EVER seen. In approx. Sept 2013 I received a letter that Dr. Fong was retiring because of health issues. I don't know what he was going through but Dr. Fong was too young to be retiring for any other reason than his health. I am shocked & so saddened to learn he had serious health concerns. To this day I have been trying to find out what was going on with Dr. Fong & I have failed. He was an incredible Dr., human being & kind,compassionate & the MOST caring Dr. I have seen. Dr. Fong took me in even though he did not accept my insurance...he was the Dr. on call at Hoag when I was admitted for a blood clot. When I followed up with him I went to his office & his secretary told me that Dr. Fong did not accept my insurance. Dr. Fong happened to overhear this & said he would still see me. He was sooo funny. He said to me "We Warrens have to stick together because there aren't too many of us (named Warren). After that he repeatedly showed his humanity to me every time I saw him. I saw him alot & he took such good care of me. I am at a loss because of his medical skills & most importantly because he was a Dr. that REALLY cared about me. God bless you Dr. Fong. Thank you for all you have done for me & for the relationship you cultivated with me. There will never be another Dr. like you. I cherish our stories that we shared about our lives & how both of us became to be known as 'Warren".

Love Dr. Fong

Posted on December 5th, 2013

I've been with Dr. Fong since 1999 and have found him to be loving, kind, knowledgeable, compassionate. He has been with me thru tough times. When I moved to Northern Nevada I made sure to travel several times a year to see Dr. Fong. I am devastated that he is retiring - I will never find another doctor like him. God bless you Dr. Fong!

Posted on December 4th, 2013

I just received a notice that Dr. Fong is retiring at the end of the year. I am so sad. I have been his patient for 20 years. He and his wonderful staff has been there for me through two melanomas and kidney cancer. (Terrifying for someone in their twenties and thirties with small children.) He was always so positive and made me feel there were choices full of hope. I have had so many surgeries and he was always the doctor who was first to visit. God bless you Dr. Fong. I am scared to go on without you, but am more confident that if cancer does get me in the end, it does not mean I need to suffer. God bless you with good health and a well deserved retirement. I love you!

Grateful

Posted on September 1st, 2012

My mother saw 5 doctors at UCLA USC and my local hospital for hip pain. None of them could figure out why she was having the pain, The last doctor recommended that she she see Dr. Fong for her mild anemia. Dr. Fong insisted on doing a complete physical. He found my mother had a huge breast mass that she hid from all of us. She had breast cancer He scanned her and the pain was from cancer in her hip. That was 6 years ago. My mother is doing well and lives a full life. My family can never repay Dr. Fong.

Very Strange physician

Posted on December 1st, 2011

I found Dr. Fong to be a very quirky, arrogant, pompas physician. Very uncomfortable around him. No longer being treated by this loon!!!!

PREGANT TOO

Posted on September 15th, 2011

I was surfing the net and saw this negative comment and I feel obligated to disagree with beware.I wanted to get pregnant and I was told no to because I have a rare blood disorder and it would be too risky. Dr. Fong told me somethings are worth risking and that he would help me through it. I did..Thank you Dr. Fong...and had a beutiful baby boy. Then the perinatologist wanted to do procedures on my baby and ship him off to CHOC without me. I cried and called Dr. Fong. He said it was a silly and uncessary thing to do. The pediatrician from CHOC visited me and my baby that night. She agreed with Dr. Fong and said the other doctors were just nervous because they didn't understand my condition. I'm sorry she had a bad experience, but Dr. Fong is the best and I have a baby boy to prove it

If You're Pregnant, Beware

Posted on July 29th, 2011

I was treated by Dr. Fong during my twin pregnancy. During this time I was subjected to many painful procedures including being given IV iron, which I was allergic to, yet had to pay out of pocket for. While in his office the iron was administered via iv drip. I reacted instantly. Since he ordered and I paid for this expensive iron, he asked me to donate the unused portions. Of course, I did. He was a nice guy and liked him.He then insisted that I needed a blood transfusion and assured me it was necessary and that I would feel better. I asked him to talk to my perinatologist to confirm. I was in his office when he made the call. My perinatologist went ballistic and said absolutely not and that it was completely unnecessary. Dr. Fong told me the peri didn't know what he was talking about and assured me it was the right thing to do...for the babies. What was i supposed to do? I went. And laid in a bed for 8 hours and received a blood transfusion that I apparently didn't need. I still felt the same and my bloodwork continued to come back the same. Waste of my time.He also insisted that I have a VERY VERY VERY painful procedure where they test your bone marrow from your hip. I cringe when I think about how awful this was. Here I am 20 weeks pregnant with twins laying on a table in this man's office while he puts me through excruciating pain. I was screaming so loud and crying that the people in the waiting room must have been concerned. Later, someone told me this procedure is typically done while under anesthesia.This was again, another unnecessary procedure. My OBGYN and perinatologist urged me to stop seeing him. I did and everything was fine.However, I am now being billed for these procedures and this was all two years ago. These procedures plus all the bloodwork that he insisted be done in his office, which of course costs more.The office staff was nice enough and so was Dr. Fong. He exudes confidence and so I believed in him. I wouldn't do it again and I learned a valuable lesson.My advice to pregnant women, please seek care elsewhere.

Amazed

Posted on March 20th, 2011

I met Dr. Fong and I was truly amazed. I have gone to 5 different doctors for my problem and none of them seemed to grasp the issues at hand. Being at a University medical center for 35 years, I have encountered extraordinary physicians. However, Dr. Fong beats them all.He looked over 3 inches of information and gave the most clear and concise presentation I have ever had. I left the appointment knowing exactly what I had and the steps necessary to solve my problem. WOW! He was also the nicest doctor I have ever met. It was like talking to a family friend. I laughed at a doctor's office. Truly an amazing person and, I hope, a future life long friend.

Best doctor ever!

Posted on March 14th, 2011

Very thorough and very compassionate.

Exceptional Doctor

Posted on March 3rd, 2011

Dr. Fong is an exceptional doctor. Whenever I am having problems with a diagnosis I always come to see Dr. Fong (and I am out of State!). He is very compassionate and truly cares about his patients. He is definitely #1 in my book and many others. Thank you Dr. Fong!

A terrific and compassion doctor

Posted on January 5th, 2011

Dr. Fong is an exceptional doctor. I have been going to him for approximately 5 years. whenever I run into a health problem that I am having trouble getting diagnosed or resolved, Dr. Fong is always there to help me seek out the right doctor. Dr. Fong is #1 in my book.