Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Warren J Fournier II has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Warren J Fournier II has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Showing 5 of 16
He broke privacy policies by making fun of me to his office staff , not realizing I was in the waiting room, hearing everything he said. He ignored my former Psych's diagnosis and the prescriptions I was on and made me try something new. I had severe reactions, called his office and they couldn't have cared less.
Dr Fournier listened to my concerns about the medication I was already on. I had gained about 100 pounds and been overmedicated for almost 5 years by another local doctor. He had a new treatment plan within a few minutes, I did not feel rushed, and it included a side effect of weight loss. I have felt much better and will continue to see him
To begin with, the office staff is very undfriendly and unprofessional. Dr. Fournier spent more time talking than he did listening. I got the impression with the few questions he asked that he expected a short yes/no answer and got impatient if I went into any amount of detail. He also remenisced about his hometown of New Orleans and how he had patients there with "real" problems like schizophrenia. He was condescending, did not put me at ease, and did not make me feel like he cared about my problems at all. I'm more interested in getting therapy than being on medication, but I don't think I'll get that from him.
19 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Warren J Fournier II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, IN.