Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Warren H Frankel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Warren H Frankel has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Warren H Frankel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
This doctors office has the most unprofessional, rude and disrespectful employees I have ever come across. They are extremely argumentative and difficult to work with and to get an appointment. This doctor was assigned as my son's new doctor and they would not schedule an appointment until they ran it by the MD. After 3 days of waiting to hear back, because I mentioned that I would like for the MD to refer my son to a pediatrician, they argued and argued and refused then to schedule my son and to go through my health insurance. As an active duty member, I know how my insurance works better than they do and I could not believe how difficult they continued to make things. I was only hung up on times 3, and I have never experienced such disrespect for a new patient or otherwise. Please please stay away from this office and recommend bad ratings across the board as they now need to be complained to the medical board.
I went to Dr. Frankel as a new patient. I asked him if he would look at a spot on my face. At first he said he couldn't see it and then said it's an age spot. I commented that it didn't look like an age spot to me, where he said rudely well your not getting any younger. I told him I didn't have a problem with my age but it didn't look like an age spot to me. He replied " I'll tell you what go home wash off all the make up and make another appt." I do not wear an excessive amount of makeup. Even if I did most doctors would take an alcohol swab and look at the spot. I finally went to a dermotoligist who diagnosed it as cancer and I ended up with 23 stitches in my face. Thank God I didn't take Dr. Frankel's diagnosis. Needless to say I did not go back to him.
I have seen Dr. Frankel infrequently for the past 3 years or so... he is listed as our primary provider, but I usually go to the urgent care clinic if I can. First of all, when you walk in his office, you will see an assortment of Christian paraphernalia, such as posters of his latest and past "mission trips" he goes on with his church. I don't have a problem with anyone's personal beliefs, but it seems a little inappropriate to have such things displayed in his work. He also has Jesus posters and art in his patient rooms, too. I wouldn't mind all that so much if he were actually a good doctor. He does know his information, but he is so short and impatient and arrogant that seeing him leaves me feeling helpless and belittled. I've seen him interact with other patients who attend the same church he does and he's very different with them than he is with me. Most importantly, though, is his involvement with my health. I had some symptoms that the doctor seemed to think I was making up,and he told me that he "couldn't find anything wrong with me." He did however send me to get my blood tested for a few things, and when the tests came back negative, rather than communicating that my health and well being are important to him and that we should continue investigating, his staff informed me that "I'm perfectly normal." And that was that. I haven't seen him since then, and I am seeking a new primary doctor.
I have been going to Dr. Frankel for over 3 years. Setting an appointment is never a problem! Even same day ones are easy to come by (his wonderful staff always finds a way to squeez you in when you have any immediate concerns). If you are looking for a doctor that is straight to the point and honest, this is the Dr. for you.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
48 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Warren H Frankel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMission Medical Associates, 1050 Las Tablas Rd Ste 15, Templeton, CA
Dr. Warren H Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Templeton, CA.