Dr. Warren H Frankel Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Warren H Frankel?

Scheduling an initial appointment

This doctors office has the most unprofessional, rude and disrespectful employees I have ever come across. They are extremely argumentative and difficult to work with and to get an appointment. This doctor was assigned as my son's new doctor and they would not schedule an appointment until they ran it by the MD. After 3 days of waiting to hear back, because I mentioned that I would like for the MD to refer my son to a pediatrician, they argued and argued and refused then to schedule my son and to go through my health insurance. As an active duty member, I know how my insurance works better than they do and I could not believe how difficult they continued to make things. I was only hung up on times 3, and I have never experienced such disrespect for a new patient or otherwise. Please please stay away from this office and recommend bad ratings across the board as they now need to be complained to the medical board.

No Nonsense Doctor

If you choose your doctor based solely on bedside manner, this is not the one for you. If you want a Doctor who knows what he doing and responsive, this is the one for you.

extremely disappointed

I went to Dr. Frankel as a new patient. I asked him if he would look at a spot on my face. At first he said he couldn't see it and then said it's an age spot. I commented that it didn't look like an age spot to me, where he said rudely well your not getting any younger. I told him I didn't have a problem with my age but it didn't look like an age spot to me. He replied " I'll tell you what go home wash off all the make up and make another appt." I do not wear an excessive amount of makeup. Even if I did most doctors would take an alcohol swab and look at the spot. I finally went to a dermotoligist who diagnosed it as cancer and I ended up with 23 stitches in my face. Thank God I didn't take Dr. Frankel's diagnosis. Needless to say I did not go back to him.

Need a new doctor

I have seen Dr. Frankel infrequently for the past 3 years or so... he is listed as our primary provider, but I usually go to the urgent care clinic if I can. First of all, when you walk in his office, you will see an assortment of Christian paraphernalia, such as posters of his latest and past "mission trips" he goes on with his church. I don't have a problem with anyone's personal beliefs, but it seems a little inappropriate to have such things displayed in his work. He also has Jesus posters and art in his patient rooms, too. I wouldn't mind all that so much if he were actually a good doctor. He does know his information, but he is so short and impatient and arrogant that seeing him leaves me feeling helpless and belittled. I've seen him interact with other patients who attend the same church he does and he's very different with them than he is with me. Most importantly, though, is his involvement with my health. I had some symptoms that the doctor seemed to think I was making up,and he told me that he "couldn't find anything wrong with me." He did however send me to get my blood tested for a few things, and when the tests came back negative, rather than communicating that my health and well being are important to him and that we should continue investigating, his staff informed me that "I'm perfectly normal." And that was that. I haven't seen him since then, and I am seeking a new primary doctor.

Good Dr. in SLO county

I have been going to Dr. Frankel for over 3 years. Setting an appointment is never a problem! Even same day ones are easy to come by (his wonderful staff always finds a way to squeez you in when you have any immediate concerns). If you are looking for a doctor that is straight to the point and honest, this is the Dr. for you.

Dr. Warren H Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Templeton, CA.