Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Warren D King has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
When I found out I had frozen shoulder, I was hesitant in getting the shoulder manipulation done. I'm one of those people who don't like to be under anesthesia. I am so glad I went through it. Dr. King performed the procedure and my shoulder is back to normal. Dr. King and his entire staff treated me very well. It felt like a spa day. I highly recommend Dr. King.
Having recently had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff by Dr. King I cannot thank him enough for the great job that he did and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. King to anyone who is in need of seeing an Orthopaedic Specialist. Dr. King is truly one of the best Orthopedic Surgeons there is. His professionalism goes above and beyond. Each visit prior to the surgery being performed, Dr. King took the time to thourghly explain the MRI findings, options that I had, surgery process, the recovery and Physical Therapy required. On the day of the surgery he once again described in detail the surgery and what it would entail. Dr. King has always been very patient and compasionate in listening to any and all of the questions that I have had and responding in the same manner. Not once throughout the process did I once ever feel rushed or not feel important. Dr. Kingâs Physician Assistant, Laurel, is excellent, she is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to you in that is understandable and insightful. The staff at the Palo Alto office and the Surgery Center were very helpful and professional. The follow-up phone calls after the surgery were very much appreciated as well.
Dr. King, Laurel Greenfield, and their team have taken care of my various athletic injuries for nearly 15 years. He is not quick to turn to surgery as a solution. That said, I have had both knees scoped with excellent results. In fact, I traveled from SoCal, where we are currently located, for the second scope. There was no question about who would perform this procedure. Any minor set backs I experienced were entirely "self inflicted." If you are in tune with your body, can follow direction, and are motivated to get back on track, Dr. King and his team are the right fit for you.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1983
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Warren D King accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation for Healthcare Research & Education, 795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Warren D King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.