- 9 years of experience
- Speaks English
- Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
- 2 specialties
- 7 expertise
- 1 location
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Wassim Abida has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Wassim Abida has the following 7 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 1 of 1
9 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2009
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSIDNEY KIMMEL CENTER FOR PROSTATE AND UROLOGIC CANCERS, 353 E 68th St, New York, NY
Dr. Wassim Abida is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.