The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Waverly Hurt
Dr. Waverly Hurt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Hurt is affiliated with Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical, VCU Health System and BON SECOURS St. Francis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Waverly Hurt has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
Dr. Waverly Hurt has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Hurt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
VCU Health System
BON SECOURS St. Francis Medical Center
CJW Medical Center-Johnston Willis Hospital
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
CJW Medical Center- Chippenham Hospital
St. Francis Medical Center
49 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1964
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1467 Johnston Willis Dr, Richmond, VA
Dr. Waverly Hurt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.