Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Waverly F Peakes
Dr. Waverly F Peakes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Peakes is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Peakes has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Waverly F Peakes has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Waverly F Peakes has the following 23 expertise
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Women's Health
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hot Flashes
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Pelvic Exam
- Sexual Dysfunction (Physiological)
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
Dr. Waverly F Peakes has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 24
from my very 1st visit with Dr Peakes, I was very impressed that she was so easy to talk to and I felt as if I was the most important person to her. She took the time to answer all my questions, she is very professional, and very down to earth. She is also very patient gives you all the info you need, and refers you to the best doctors for what ever you need done. I feel so blessed to have found her.
I was recommended Dr. Peakes by acquaintances and decided to go to her during my second pregnancy. I found wait times for her to be rather long and her having too many patients to deal with. And if you are wanting an unmedicated birth (which was my preference) then Dr. Peakes is not the OBGYN for you. During my delivery I had to be induced and she kept telling me to get an epidural but I refused and I had some tearing (minor compared to my first delivery) but she did not properly anesthetize during suturing making that procedure painful as well and I even heard her declare when I was wincing in pain that she is not used to suturing a patient who can still feel below the waist.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Peakes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Waverly F Peakes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center Ob/Gyn, 6550 Fannin St Ste 2221, Houston, TX
Dr. Waverly F Peakes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.