Dr. Wayne Barefield Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Wayne Barefield?

Posted on May 13th, 2015

I normally don't write reviews but I was really shocked at how my mother was treated in the ER today by Dr. Barefield. My mom was in the hospital for having shortness of breath and being very weak. The doctor was more concerned with why she didn't go to her primary care doctor instead of coming into the ER. While she was explaining to him the reason she was there the best way she could considering the shortness of breath he's ending each sentence. "And you came here because?" I'm not sure what they classify as an emergency but having trouble breathing should be one of them. Fluid around your heart or lungs should be one of them. Needless to say they gave her lasix to drain the fluid and didn't wait until she was feeling better just sent us on our way. I don't understand how a hospital with Christian values that read "Respect and Compassion..." have devils working for them.

Posted on February 27th, 2015

I seen this Dr at the ER in St. Vincents East. He told me he contacted my dr, when I spoke to my dr the next day, he said, he never heard from him. I went in because a surgery I had 3 days prior had gotten a SEVERE infection. After 5 hrs in the back he came in and gave me a pill and said to go into see my surgeon the following day at 1pm when he opens. When I went to see my sergeon, he couldn't believe he didn't at the very least give me IV antibiotics, and at the best, admit me. My surgeon admitted me within 20 minutes of him seeing my stomach and I was there for 3 days. I would not let my dog see this doctor.

Misdiagnosed- costly in more ways than one

Posted on January 6th, 2010

I took my daughter to the ER at Chilton Medical Center in Clanton on a Sunday night because she was in extreme pain in her mouth and cheek area. Dr Barefield acted like, O a toothache, he ran his finger along her gum line, said "I don't think it's infected, I'll shoot it with novacaine and she should be fine. Follow up with your dentist." He didn't listen when she told him the pain was all the way up into her face, not her tooth. We left and by the time we left the parking lot she was in pain again. She had one of her loritabs left from before so she took that when we got home and finally was able to sleep a little. The next morning she awoke with the right side of her face so swollen that her eye was completely swollen shut. I called her dentist right away a when he did the x-ray, there was infection all the way up into her cheek. He immediately got on the phone with the surgeon. She went in to have it opened up to drain all the infection. The surgeon said " she was a lucky girl because she was within maybe hours of being in ICU with a brain infection." She had drain tubes for 2-3 weeks, strong, strong antibiotics that made her so sick (but she have to take them) and she looked liked Rocky Balboa. Not only did Dr Barefield not take the time to listen to her, check her more thoroughly but then he codes it as miscellaneous dental instead of medical (she had an infection in her cheek with acute pain) making the claim reject. I have talked with BCBS numerous times and they say all they have to do is refile it as a medical claim to get paid. But no they just say it's filed correctly and keep threatening me with collections because I'm only paying $5.00 a month. I have talked to them several times and the hospital about refiling these claims, but to no avail. All total with his bill and the hospital it's about $1200.00 (when we have insurance).

Posted on March 25th, 2017