Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wayne Z Burkhead Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Tendon Injuries
- Joint Instability
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Burkhead came highly recommended to me by several people also noting that he is very busy. It took a month to get it. From the first day of my appointment, it all began. The front office staff is nice and so is a few of his MA's, but HIS OTHER STAFF MEMBERS, that you are forced to talk to, are EXTREMELY RUDE! I am currently 3 weeks post op and I have yet to hear from a nurse with any questions or concerns. They question you when you call in for a refill on your pain meds. My husband even encountered 2 staff members talking about me as I was checking out after a visit. For this reason, I'm not certain I will go back after I am released if for some reason I have any other ortho needs. It is difficult to be treated rude when you are already in pain!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
40 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Wayne Z Burkhead Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsW B Carrell Memorial Clinic, 9301 N Central Expy Ste 400, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wayne Z Burkhead Jr in this video.
Dr. Wayne Z Burkhead Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dallas, TX.