Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wayne Carlsen
Dr. Wayne Carlsen, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Athens, OH, with other offices in Glouster, OH and Athens, OH (and 1 other location). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Carlsen is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Of Nelsonville, O Bleness Memorial Hospital and OBleness Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Wayne Carlsen has the following 1 specialty
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Wayne Carlsen has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Wayne Carlsen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carlsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Doctors Hospital Of Nelsonville
O Bleness Memorial Hospital
OBleness Memorial Hospital
27 Years Experience
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Wayne Carlsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wayne Carlsen in this video.
Dr. Wayne Carlsen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, OH.