Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wayne P Cockrell Jr has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
He listens closely. And at first it comes off as caring. But it doesn't tale long to realize that he's looking for reasons not to help you. I wish I wouldn't have stayed with him as long as I did. No matter how many years you go to him. (Over 5) you won't be able to build a trust with him. After is been going to him for years I fell and told him my pain was now also on the other side of my body. I could tell he didn't belive me. But after I had another MRI done it showed that I should have had an operation after I fell. It was reality bad. But I last after that. I don't want to see a doctor that I can't build a relationship with.
I had ben using him for a year or so and he cut me to 90 7.5s and then I had a ct done and found out I had another herniated disc at c7 under my fused c5 c6 in my neck I was suffering horribly and begged for help and they treated me like an animal and denied me help so if you have a choice find someone else
Dr. Cockrell is one of the kindest doctors you'll ever meet. I see him as an outpatient for my procedures. He asks questions and listens carefully to your answers. During the physical exam he is very gentle. During the actual procedures he makes sure you are as comfortable as possible. He always asks,"Are you OK?". I always tell everyone I know with a back problem to use Dr. Cockrell. My back and I love this Dr. for always getting us pain relief!!!!!
42 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Wayne P Cockrell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Wayne P Cockrell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.