Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wayne J Hellstrom has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Penile Induration (Peyronie's Disease)
- Male Urogenital Diseases
- Bladder Issues
- Penile Diseases
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Prostate Cancer
- Penile Implantation
- Kidney Stones
Showing 5 of 9
Making the appointment is the only easy part. Everything else is very far from professional. No bedside manners whatsoever (unless you consider ignoring you and talking about you in the third person with a third party as though you were not there acceptable). Runs in and out of rooms to go from one patient to an other. Leaves doors open so pretty much all conversations are heard. Seems more interested in selling the latest drugs that anything else. Not to mention on second appointment, I made an 8 am appointment to avoid waiting and gave up on him after waiting in room for 45 minutes. I went because he came recommended and I am sure he is highly qualified so if you don't care how you get treated, it will be just fine.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Hellstrom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Wayne J Hellstrom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTulane Medical Center Downtown, 1415 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Wayne J Hellstrom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.