Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wayne Katon
Dr. Wayne Katon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Seattle, WA . He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Katon is affiliated with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill and Swedish Edmonds Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Wayne Katon has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Dysthymic Disorder
- Functional Colonic Diseases (Functional Bowel Disorders)
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders (Briquet's Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Katon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Swedish Edmonds Hospital
University Of Washington Medical Ctr
Swedish Medical Center - Ballard
University Of Washington Medical Ctr
UW Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Wayne Katon accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wayne Katon in this video.
Dr. Wayne Katon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.