Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wayne Kruithoff
Dr. Wayne Kruithoff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, ME, with other offices in Waterville, ME and Scarborough, ME (and 1 other location). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kruithoff is affiliated with Inland Hospital, Mercy Hospital and Mercy Westbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Wayne Kruithoff has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Wayne Kruithoff has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Wayne Kruithoff has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Wayne Kruithoff is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Kruithoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Westbrook Hospital
Maine General - Augusta
Mainegeneral Medical Center
Barbara Bush Children's Hospital
Maine Medical Center - Brighton Campus
American College of Cardiology
Maine Heart Center - Hospital
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
American Heart Association
27 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wayne Kruithoff in this video.
Dr. Wayne Kruithoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, ME.