Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. A Meikle
Dr. A Meikle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Meikle is affiliated with Veterans Administration Medical Center, University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics and University of Utah Orthopedic Center. He speaks English.
Dr. A Meikle has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. A Meikle has the following 6 expertise
- Cushing Syndrome
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. A Meikle is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Meikle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Administration Medical Center
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
University of Utah Orthopedic Center
University of Utah - Neuropsychiatric Institute
Univ Of Utah Hosp And Clinics, Salt Lake Cty, Ut
48 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. A Meikle accepts the following insurance providers.
- SelectHealth Select Care
Locations & Directions615 S Arapeen Dr, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. A Meikle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.