Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wayne Ortiz
Dr. Wayne Ortiz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Bethany, NY, with another office in Batavia, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ortiz is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Western New York Medical Center - Buffalo and Batavia Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Wayne Ortiz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
The doctor is not friendly, courteous, does not listen, does not seem to care. I will not be seeing him again. He was unaware that long-term usage of Omeprazole (Prilosec) can cause osteoporosis, as I specifically asked him "If a person took Omeprazole for 3 years, might he develop any bad side-effects? He said, "No, none at all." WRONG! And I immediately showed him the info sheet that came with the prescription which said that anyone taking it for over a year might develop osteoporosis. He ordered a bone density test, that showed that I had in fact, lost bone density. The radiologist called it "osteopenia" which is a lesser degree than osteoporosis. Loss of bone density is especially likely in someone my age, 67. So he will NOT be my Doctor!
Dr. Ortiz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Western New York Medical Center - Buffalo
Batavia Veterans Affairs Medical Center
33 Years Experience
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Wayne Ortiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Wayne Ortiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Bethany, NY.