Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wayne Ury
Dr. Wayne Ury, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Management and Psychiatry. Dr. Ury is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center, St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital and Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division. He speaks English.
Dr. Wayne Ury has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Very slow response phone calls. Waited at least a week. If he was out of town, there was no message about his being unavailable.
Dr. Ury is a remarkable psychiatrist; He is extremely thoughtful and attentive. He makes you feel completely comfortable and does not judge or dictate sessions. He is extremely insightful and determined to help treat problems. After years of treatment with other doctors and struggling to cope with my condition, I was referred to Dr. Ury and he accurately diagnosed my problem and identified the most effective course of treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Ury.
Dr. Ury is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NYU Langone Medical Center
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan
Beth Israel Medical Center-Kings Highway Division
Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers-Saint Vincent`s Hospital Manhattan
22 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1991
New York & Presbyterian Hospital - Whitney Clinic
Dr. Wayne Ury accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWayne Allan Ury MD, 225 E 47th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wayne Ury in this video.
Dr. Wayne Ury is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.