Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Weily Soong has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Weily Soong has the following 19 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Weily Soong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I Would not recommend him for anything more complicated than for skin testi g. He seems Only knowledable in immediate allergies. Didnt really seem to know anything about delayed contact skin allergies and there reactions. Have many rashes from many allergies. I was told when calling that he had knowledge in complicated areas that I am dealing with. I did not find him helpful at all. I felt very patronized by this doctor, and that he didn't take my conditions seriously.
Dr.Soong treated my son's asthma/allergies the four years my son was in college in B'ham. We live in SC, so we were initally concerned what sort of care our son would receive. Not only was the absolute best diagnostician we ever had, he was also the most caring and compassionate physician-his practice also provided emergency weekend care during the flu season! My husband and I were greatly comforted in knowing a man of such great ability, knowledge beyond his specialty, and unheard of kindness was our son's doctor. They just do not make them like this man anymore! And by the way, his staff was fabulous too.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Weily Soong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlabama Allergy And Asthma Center, 504 Brookwood Blvd, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Weily Soong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.