Dr. Wen Liou Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Wen Liou?

Posted on February 3rd, 2012

When speaking with Dr. Liou he was very high strung. He comes into the room and just talks and talks without actually listening. When he does ask a question it's almost as an attack. He was very reluctant to give out any ADHD medication, even non-stimulant. This was after my son already had a psychiatric diagnosis of ADHD and ODD over 2 1/2 years ago and had a doctor previously prescribe him medication for his ADHD. He yelled at my son for fidgeting with the tissue paper on the patients table and commented that if he was in an Asian home for two weeks he wouldnt have any behavior problems and would no longer have ADD, but in this country, people are too liberal and allow medications to be used on their children. He said that he thought that putting children on meth was wrong. At a prior appointment with him regarding ADHD medication and he said that he had a problem with prescribing ADHD medication to children since the parents use these drugs to make meth. I took this comment personally, as if I would come in there to use my child who has severe ADHD and many issues in the classroom to score drugs. He's definitely part of the population of doctors who feel like ADD/ADHD is a phony condition. My son is more than ADHD and that Dr. Liou didn't think he needed any sort of medication was ridiculous and when medication finally was prescribed it was once daily intuniv and ONLY intuniv. Intuniv is supposed to be paired with a stimulant. I'm very upset with the experience we've endured. I am a concerned parent, love my son dearly and only want what's best for him in order for him to succeed at home and especially in the classroom. If your child has ADD/ADHD DO NOT see this doctor. No family should have to be treated with this much disrespect. We're switching my son to Ella Guastavino with Englewood Pediatrics after today's incident. She has seen my son in the past for his ADHD and ODD and was very educated and knowledgeable in working with children with ADHD, ODD, and the medications required to help these children.

Posted on July 14th, 2010