Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendellenna S Mays has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Wendellenna S Mays has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Wendellenna S Mays is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 60
Dr.Mays doesn’t worry about time limits put on by insurance companies. She and her staff will take as much time needed to answer your concerns and find ways to get you to your optimal health. They will help you with insurance papers and any health related issues to the best of their ability. Dr.Mays is detail oriented, caring and will research alternatives to treatments if needed for your specific care.
Worst "Doctor's" office EVER...the Doctor is never there, the wait time is beyond ridiculous...they have no same day appointments even for established patients and their front desks remarks are "sorry, go to the ER." No doctor/patient relationship...I never EVER EVER saw a doctor...ever...not even like I had an appt with the PA bc the doctor was booked, no I mean like Dr. Mays was never even on the property...how this medical office is still in business is beyond me! If I could give ZERO stars I would! Stay FAR away from this "doctor's" office.
Worst "medical" experience EVER! And I have had my share! Really to put it in "professional" terms I would categorize the experience as "actionable." A certain place will freeze over before I will go back to or recommend this "doctors" office. If you are reading this and you understand my quotes then you have probably just experienced this office ;) My apologizes to you.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Wendellenna S Mays accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWendellenna S Mays Md, 3175 Citrus Tower Blvd Ste B, Clermont, FL
Dr. Wendellenna S Mays is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clermont, FL.