- Macneal Hospital
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
- Palos Health
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wendewessen Amde MD
Dr. Wendewessen Amde, MD is a doctor primarily located in Stickney, IL. His specialties include Ophthalmology.
Dr. Wendewessen Amde has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Wendewessen Amde has the following 10 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Retinal Detachment
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Exam
Dr. Wendewessen Amde Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Wendewessen Amde
Locations and Hours will vary. Please call the office to confirm open office locations and available hours.
Dr. Amde is a member of the American Society of Retina Specialists, The New York State Ophthalmological Society, and the American Medical Association. He completed his undergraduate education at UCLA School of Medicine where he graduated with distinction as AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society).
He then continued to complete his residency at the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary and his fellowship at the world renown Kresge Eye Institute with Drs. Gary Abrams, Tamer Mahmoud, Asheesh Tawari, James Puklin, Robert Frank and the other retina faculty there.
Dr. Amde is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology (through 2021). Dr. Amde was born in Ethiopia and moved to Los Angeles at a young age. He is fluent in English, Amharic, and Medical Spanish. Dr. Amde also takes a particular interest in the diagnosis and medical and surgical management of eye inflammations and uveitis.