Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendy K Bourland has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 4 of 4
My son was diagnosed with a Wilms tumor In 2011. We were scared, in disbelief. Our world had changed in a instant and trying to process everything that I was in denial about. Dr. Bourland comes in and had to give us news no one wants to hear, my son had a tumor in the kidney. In this moment of shock and completly in a daze she started to explain what the plan was, she showed us through this short time she was more than a oncologist but a good hearted caring person. This is the dr that was there for my family the whole time. Yes the experience is one I won't forget or want another father or mother to ever again have to go through. But in that time I had a dr that I knew cared for not just my son but all her kids. It takes a special person to have her job, and she is simply put, meant for this. She works hard for our children and to raise awareness to end this disease Affecting our little ones. She left a imprint on my family that I will never forget. With so much during the surgery, treatments, scans, bloodwork and all the information overload in between, she gave us hope. I could go on and on about how nice her bedside manner is, her cheerful spirit everytime she was treating my son and family. And that is something u want and need at treatment days. And the icing on the cake is that I have a special needs son, and she started to see him and help us find answers and solutions that have literally changed our lives. And we never asked, she wanted to do this. She's a godsend!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Wendy K Bourland accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Jude Childrens Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Pl, Memphis, TN
Dr. Wendy K Bourland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.