Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wendy Frauchiger
Dr. Wendy Frauchiger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pleasant Ridge, MI. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Frauchiger is affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford Medical Center at Maplegrove. She speaks English.
Dr. Wendy Frauchiger has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Wendy Frauchiger has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Wendy Frauchiger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Frauchiger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Medical Center at Maplegrove
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
21 Years Experience
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions24 Oakdale Blvd, Pleasant Ridge, MI
Dr. Wendy Frauchiger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pleasant Ridge, MI.