Have you seen Dr. Wendy B Hurwitz?

AWFUL

My son has been pretty sickly since he was born with different problems. Ever since he was born, he’s been having issues with eating. Excessive spit up, gassy, unable to burp, unable to sleep, screaming, unable to lay on his stomach, vomiting, weight loss, severe constipation, etc. his doctor always told me I was crazy he was just colicky nothing was wrong with him. After 2 months I insisted we see a GI doctor. She told me no that there was nothing they could do that she couldn’t. I went ahead and took him to the specialist on my own who diagnosed him with a milk protein allergy so he is intolerant of breastmilk. He prescribed him a special hydrolyzed formula. After that, his pediatrician still told me I need to breastfeed because “he’s fine” and scolded me for choosing to go with what the SPECIALIST diagnosed him with, after a series of tests. But wait don’t stop there. I have 3 heart conditions so I have wanted to take him to the pediatric cardiologist I had to get him tested to make sure he doesn’t have what I have since they are all genetic. She told me that it is not necessary and would not be sending me. PLEASE tell me why I didn’t trust my gut at this point and change his doctor. Today was the absolute last straw. Yesterday, after he has been sick for over a week and went to his THIRD appt during that time, the doctor finally tested him for RSV again which he is positive for. They sent in another prescription for his nebulizer breathing treatments. I still have some vials left from when he was hospitalized so I thought no big deal I’ll go pick it up later. I picked it up last night and found it to be the adult dosage. I thought oh they must have made a clerical error, I’ll call them in the morning. First I called the children’s hospital and the pharmacy to make sure I wasn’t reading it wrong, maybe it was correct. Nope both said incorrect concentration based on his weight. This was his pediatricians response: “No that is what I prescribed. I am not changing it.” I asked her to clarify and emphasized what the pharmacist, prescription box, and children’s hospital all said along with that his previous prescription was the correct dosage. She responded: “it is what I prescribed. You’ll need to find him a new doctor to see”. In my entire life, I have never been so mad. Needless to say my son now has a new pediatrician.

My son and I LOVE her! Very knowledgable and gentle. Always got in the same day I called when sick.

Great doctor!

Love Dr.Hurwitz! She's great with my girls! I feel very comfortable talking to her about my concerns and she is very knowledgable.

Great Physician

Dr. Hurwitz is a wonderful physician. She really takes the time with her patients. All of the physicians in this practice are great.

Fantastic Pediatrician

Dr. Hurwitz is wonderful with my children. She has a quiet manner that is soothing and calming. I always feel like she has time to answer all of my questions. She does not push meds or withhold meds. I feel like she is the perfect balance for my family.

Dr. Wendy B Hurwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.

Dr. Wendy B Hurwitz Is this you?