Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendy J Lotts has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Wendy J Lotts has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Wendy J Lotts has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Wendy J Lotts is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
BEST OF THE BEST
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wendy J Lotts - Posted on January 23rd, 2019
Wendy Lotts is much more than just an MD for my children. She is a kind, patient, caring, thoughtful, intentional and compassionate human being. She’s extremely intelligent and she combines her knowledge with a deep concern for all of her patients. She’s willing to go above and beyond what most doctors would do for their patients. We highly recommend Dr. Lott’s as a pediatrician.
Best Childrens Doctor we have had.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wendy J Lotts - Posted on September 5th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wendy J Lotts - Posted on April 5th, 2015
My children have been coming to this practice since they were born, I have not had a problem or bad experience until now. The doctor was rushing through everything saying how she had patients every 15 min and also saying how she was already 25 min past our appointment. That is not professional to say to a patient at all, I work in the medical field so I'm well aware of how to treat your patients. I do not recommend her to any other patient. Do not want to change practice because of one doctor but have to consider it a possibility.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wendy J Lotts - Posted on January 7th, 2014
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Lotts is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Iowa Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Wendy J Lotts Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Wendy J Lotts
I believe in care of the whole child. I tend to give personal examples to demonstrate a point.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wendy J Lotts, MD - Pediatrics in Gurnee, IL, in this video.
Dr. Wendy J Lotts is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gurnee, IL.