Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendy R Strawbridge has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I am new to the area & after contacting my insurance company. I was told that Dr. Strawbridge was the Dr. covered on my policy. I called to get an appointment and was told that under no circumstances would dr. strawbridge accept new patients even if she was who my insurance covered that I would have to find someone else. Further more I asked If they knew of a doctor in the area that accepted the same insurance & she said I could call around, gave me the name of a place in bristol but said she didn't know the number. I looked up the number and guess what they don't accept my insurance. Being new to the area I don't know of any doctors. And if I don't go to dr. Strawbridge I go out of network & have to pay more. I am so upset about this.It would have been nice if the young lady would have at least tried to help me find another doctor. If the staff is that rude to someone over the phone then I hate to see how bad they would be in person! You would think a company would want new patients for when they lose their patients. I was just shocked at how rude I was treated by the young lady that answered the phone. Shame on your staff.
The best thing I love about her is that she is compassionate and an excellent doctor. It is hard to find a woman doctor that is both of those. The staff is also excellent. I have been blessed with her as an OB/GYN and a family doctor like her but the family doctor moved away and I have looked for a family doctor like the 2 of them and it is hard. Dr. Strawbridge is wonderful and the odd thing she used to work at the family doctor I went to but I did not see her there but her husband did work there and I know him but he is now at his wife's working. He is very nice also. The family doctor was Dr. Janice Gable. She is broad minded and she realizes we are all human and any of us can make a mistake. Dr. Strawbridge is one of a kind and I am blessed to have found her!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2015, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
37 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Wendy R Strawbridge accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohnston Memorial Hospital, 16000 Johnston Memorial Dr, Abingdon, VA
Dr. Wendy R Strawbridge is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abingdon, VA.