Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wendy L Vandemark has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Wendy L Vandemark has the following 11 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Wendy L Vandemark has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Wendy L Vandemark is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
NEVER saw the doctor. The Nurse Practitioner was cold and distant. I really didn't feel comfortable talking to her. I didn't feel as though my best interests were being taken care of at this facility. I went because I had heard such good things about the Dr. but since I never to got to see her, I can't rate her directly. However, she should certainly be aware of her staff and their interactions with patients. It's like going to a Dr to get your leg sewn up and having a nurse's aid do it instead of the Dr. The Dr. is there but that's about it. I guess she got to being so good that she start getting a lot of patients then decided to let her staff start seeing the patients instead. Good way to lose patients.
I am not a person that likes to go to doctors at all. I was very upset and panicky when my doctor left and I had to find a new one. Dr. Vandemark was recommended, and so I made an appointment. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor. I did not feel rushed or panicky at all. She has adjusted my medication regiment and I feel much better both mentally and physically. I have a much better quality of life. I am thankful to have her for a doctor.
This is an all woman practice that welcomes children, teens, males and females and supports the military community.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Wendy L Vandemark accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsShawn David Vandemark Md, 2109 N Patterson St Ste B, Valdosta, GA
Dr. Wendy L Vandemark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valdosta, GA.