Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wesley O Ekeruo has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Wesley O Ekeruo has the following 16 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Male Infertility
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Wesley O Ekeruo has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Wesley O Ekeruo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I went to see Dr. Ekeruo for low sperm count and left varicocele. After showing him my sperm analyses that I obtained on my own accord, he went ahead and scheduled surgery without conducting his own analysis. After surgery with Dr. Ekeruo, my previously asymptomatic varicocele became extremely uncomfortable and large. I learned that during the surgery, Dr. Ekeruo ligated 1 vein. He used the micro-surgical sub-inguinal technique, which according to other doctors I visited after the surgery, is unheard of to only ligate 1 vein. With the same technique, these doctors stated they usually ligate a minimum of 3-4 veins. I raised this concern with Dr. Ekeruo which he consistently dismissed as a possible concern. He also stated repeatedly that the varicocele was improving which was dis-proven by an ultrasound. Now, 1.25 years later, I have had two follow up procedures that have been unable to fix the discomfort caused by Dr. Ekeruo. Additionally, my sperm parameters are declining.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ekeruo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Wesley O Ekeruo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMethodist Urology Associates, 18300 Katy Fwy Ste 325, Houston, TX
Dr. Wesley O Ekeruo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.