Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wesley J Merritt MD
Dr. Wesley J Merritt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allen, TX, with another office in Allen, TX. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Wesley J Merritt has 2 locations
1111 Raintree Cir Ste 190
Allen, TX 75013
Book Online Now
Dr. Wesley J Merritt has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Wesley J Merritt has the following 8 expertise
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Wesley J Merritt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
RUN...away from this doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wesley J Merritt - Posted on January 11th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wesley J Merritt - Posted on March 13th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wesley J Merritt - Posted on August 30th, 2016
Dr. Merritt is an arrogant temperamental Foctor whose staff lies to him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wesley J Merritt - Posted on July 29th, 2015
His staff if insanely incompetent. Leather than admit their mistakes (even when proof is provided that is undeniable) the will NOT acknowledge it. They hide their mistakes and punish patients who point them out. They even LIE to Dr. Merritt to pre-entirely make him so mad he will literally throw patients out of his office. BECAUSE of total lies his staff tells him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wesley J Merritt - Posted on June 23rd, 2015
Worst experience with a Dr. in my life. He was arrogant, rude and refused to listen. He refused to review the MRI/X rays from the back Dr. who referred me to him for a back injection. He insisted I had a hip problem not a back problem but was fine with scheduling me to receive a back injection! His attitude and manner were horrible.
18 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Wesley J Merritt Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
More about Dr. Wesley J Merritt
My practice encompasses the treatment of spinal pain as well as a wide range of painful disorders including neuropathies, abdominal and pelvic pain, and cancer related pain. My specific area of interest is the treatment of neuropathic pain such as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (RSD). Pain management is accomplished with a combination of interventional techniques (injections, rhizotomies, spinal cord stimulation, etc.) and medical treatment (medications).
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wesley J Merritt, MD - Pain Medicine in Allen, TX, in this video.
Dr. Wesley J Merritt is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Allen, TX.