Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wesley J Merritt has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
His staff if insanely incompetent. Leather than admit their mistakes (even when proof is provided that is undeniable) the will NOT acknowledge it. They hide their mistakes and punish patients who point them out. They even LIE to Dr. Merritt to pre-entirely make him so mad he will literally throw patients out of his office. BECAUSE of total lies his staff tells him.
Worst experience with a Dr. in my life. He was arrogant, rude and refused to listen. He refused to review the MRI/X rays from the back Dr. who referred me to him for a back injection. He insisted I had a hip problem not a back problem but was fine with scheduling me to receive a back injection! His attitude and manner were horrible.
I have been visiting Dr. Merritt for 9 yrs now. In the beginning of us getting to know each other as Dr. & Patient; I found him to be very kind and courteous. I highly recommend him to anyone. He shows Excellence in my care. I've only had to speak with him once regarding the time he spent with him seeing how I come from OKC, OK to ALLEN TX for my appts & I have been for almost 5yrs. He now takes his time with me to truly understand my problems & needs. He is extremely nice and easy to talk to. I was already diagnosed before recommended by his colleague. He knows the exact treatments that are right for me. I couldn't be happier. HE ALONG WITH DR. HANKS ARE MY ANGEL ADVOCATES. He's HONEST with you & make sure you are on the right track with taking the correct meds. He even walks me out with a greeted hug when I'm finished. I've never found anything rude about him. Now in the past he & his Colleague's had a couple of rude front end staff but they are no longer there. THE ONLY THING I'D LIKE TO SEE CHANGE IS: "DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER THE OFFICE STAFF WILL CALL YOU & LET YOU KNOW THE OFFICE IS CLOSED & IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER STATE HE WOULD MAIL THE SCRIPTS. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO BE SEEN BUT. IT SURE WOULD HELP ME. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT GOD'S WEATHER. OVERALL I LOVE DR. WESLEY MERRITT. HE'S THE KINDEST PAIN MGMT DR. IN TEXAS.
18 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Wesley J Merritt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRegional Pain Care Center, 1111 Raintree Cir Ste 170, Allen, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wesley J Merritt in this video.
Dr. Wesley J Merritt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen, TX.