Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wesley G Schooler
Dr. Wesley G Schooler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand, Plastic Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Schooler is affiliated with Usc Keck Hospital. Dr. Schooler has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Wesley G Schooler has the following 3 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Hand Deformities
- Hair Restoration
- Laser Resurfacing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Breast Cancer
- Hand Injuries
- Breast Augmentation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Appointment is 85% listening to his life - young kids, wife's plastic surgery, office move, etc. doesn't really know who you are in follow up after surgery so you will need to guide him to where the most invasive part of the surgery is or he will just spend time talking about himself and fiddling with his camera to take pictures of you in the least important area. Teenagers as receptionist/schedulers (or at least the brain of one). Late to show up. Indifferent to you or when your appointment was. Takes 20 minutes to pull up a schedule verifying you actually have an appointment while busily reading through personal cards sent to her. I wish I could tell at this point if his results are good enough to warrant the insults you have to go through.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schooler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Wesley G Schooler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSanta Barbara Plastic Surgery Center, 427 W Pueblo St Ste A, Santa Barbara, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wesley G Schooler in this video.
Dr. Wesley G Schooler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.