Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wesley L Smeal has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I went in with a herniated disc and had been tossed around from Doctor to Doctor because this is a workman's comp injury and well with how insurance works its easy to be tossed around. I came in feeling defeated because the previous doctor told me I was fat and that's why im hurting but then God blessed me with Dr.Smeal he was kind,compassionate and willing to do what it takes to get you up and running again.I can't tell you how much pain im in but Dr.Smeal is what every doctor should be kind and understanding. His staff is polite and they always get back to you in a timely manner and are also sympathetic to what your going through. I know he doesn't feel like he's a great doctor he just feels like its his job to help you because he's very humble but im thankful for him im in tears as I typed this because I've struggled with this pain long enough and until he came along I now foresee a light at the end of the tunnel. I would highly recommend him to anyone he's amazing!
Worst experience with a doctor. He spent the first 10 min belittling me. I could never get a hold of hike, the messages I left never got answered, including when he was supposedly on call. I waited 2 months for an appointment only for his staff to call me an reschedule for a month later. Its very easy to fall through the cracks. He also is very territorial with his patients, on the many times I couldn't get s hold of him I called my primary care doctor, only for him to throw it in my face stating that I was behaving questionable. I throw my hands up on how a doctor that is supposed to "do no harm" cans treat a patient so badly
17 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Wesley L Smeal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlegent Health Sports & Spine, 16940 Lakeside Hills Plz Ste 103, Omaha, NE
Dr. Wesley L Smeal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.